Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ms. Nakada's Computer Lab Blog

Agenda
LOG ON
BLOG
NANOWRIMO: THIS IS IT PEOPLE!
HW: RJ 11.2

Okay, so we met in the computer lab and Angel read the blog. He struggled to pick someone and I think he chose Dots but I got so distracted by all the NaNoWriMo craziness that I didn't set up the blog so here I am writing about what happened today.

So, first I have all of the amazing novelists a button for participating in National Novel Writing Month! I can't believe it's over. Tear. We started by opening our novels and copying and pasting them from our alphasmarts and then everyone got to writing!

Cushan couldn't find the stuff he wrote over the break which was a bummer and Juliet's novel was saved all weird and I couldn't figure it out but by the end of the period there were several winners! Yay! I couldn't be prouder, actually. Many of you set super high goals and I'm so impressed with all you wrote this month. People takes months, years, sometimes decades or whole lifetimes before they even think about writing a novel and you all already have. Amazing. Yep. I'm impressed.

So, toward the end of the period people got a little restless (Darrell) and several people decided a picture being worth a thousand words might be a good use of their time and in the end, according to our class chart, we wrote over 325,000 words! Way to go! Then the bell rang and it was time for lunch (we sort of just skipped history today).

No comments:

Post a Comment