Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of School

Agenda
English
Welcome
Course Outlines
supplies
HW:  course outlines signed, supplies

History
Welcome
Who are we?
BLOG
HW: personal artifacts

Blogger:  Ms. Nakada

Welcome to the first blog for my third period English and fourth period US History classes!

After nutrition today, I was anxious to meet my third and fourth period classes.  Students started writing down the agenda while I took attendance.  It was great to meet my new students and although some seemed less than happy about being in my class, many showed lots of enthusiasm (thanks, Darrell).  There was a little teasing (two broken arms, sitting right next to one another?), some people are not fans of the Ducks (um, they're ranked #5 in the nation people) and I can already tell this is going to be a fun class.

I passed out the course outlines for English and US History and we talked about all that we are going to learn in the eighth grade.  We talked about respect, homework and grades and I hope that everyone will keep their AEE for many weeks to come.  Before the break between English and history, Mr. Morrison stopped by and I learned his nickname is Duck Duck.  Wha huh?  Weird.

Vanessa had to get her schedule changed so right before the end of the period she left to get that changed and we took a little break.

Everyone came back to class on time (YAY!) and we took a look at some artifacts like real historians would.  Little did my students know, these were artifacts from my life so everyone got to see little kid pictures of me in ugly pants, short basketball shorts, and surrounded by my unique family.

Everyone completed the assignment, and before lunch, we named our blog (this one you are reading right now).  I can't wait to see what my students will bring in tomorrow for history class when we'll all start learning one another's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment